- Our top ten STEAM activities to get preschoolers pumped about science
We agree with Mr. Nye: science rules. But it’s how kids are introduced to the wild, wacky world of scientific education that really sets the tone for how they’ll feel about it the rest of their lives. Far from the serious business of lab reports, scientific papers and white coats, kid science is at its best when it’s harnessing the power of play. We’ve compiled ten of our favourite science activities for preschoolers and toddlers to get them excited about science.
10.teaches kids about temperature and engages creativity as the colours melt into magical swirls.
9. Get outdoors andfrom your finds. This article is geared towards fall walks, but imagine a summer version stuffed with wildflowers, or a winter wonderland featuring ivy and holly!
8., all you need are some old pennies (that change collection comes in handy!) and a bottle of ketchup.
7.Use it to build dams and flood them with water to see if they hold up!
6. Spill some milk on purpose to(and learn about colour matching and mixing while you’re at it!)
5. Requiring almost no additional supplies, theis a great way to teach about density (and totally amaze your kids).
4. Engage your little mad scientists with a– they’ll get to work both their left and right brains as they learn about colour theory and create cool combinations.
3. Thisis sheer science magic – and helps introduce how rain and clouds work.
2., learn about the phases of the moon with Play-Doh!
1. Nothing says science like a stroll outside! Collect leaves for a, uncover logs to find bugs, squelch in the mud and learn about velocity as you leaf jump. Free & easy – no craft supplies required. :)