Trains – Letter to Parents
There’s just something about the chug of the engine, the wisp of smoke from the stack and the endless adventure present on the railroad that captivates even the youngest of kids. We’ve had plenty of requests for a Trains game over the years, and are so excited to finally make those locomotive dreams come true – Sago style, of course!
Sago Mini Trains blends the kid-led, travel-based play of a game like Road Trip with the storytelling aspects of our playset games like Farm. Kids are the conductors (with the help of their Sago Mini pals, of course) and get to choose which passengers and cargo they load on and off at each stop. The three unique worlds – a winter wonderland, bustling city and mysterious forest – are both familiar to the youngest of kids and are ripe with potential for storytelling.
Our young playtesters loved trying to fit as many characters as possible on the train, and were excited by the special surprises like the ice cream mountains and the rainbow bridge. (And, honestly, wouldn’t you be too?)
How to play
Hold your finger on the right side of the train to drive forward, and on the left side if you forgot a passenger and need to back up!). At each stop, load up or drop off cargo and passengers by dragging them onto the train or the train’s cars. Keep your eyes out for the special surprise bridges and unique stops found in each of the locations!
To talk about
Ask your children to narrate their play as they drive along. Are they picking up friends for a fun farm picnic? Or dropping off an important package in the snowy winter wonderland? All their favourite Sago Mini friends and loads of adorable props and cargo can be found at stops along the way, giving lots of opportunities for active storytelling.
- Melody Chen, Play Designer
- Nina Wong, Technical Project Manager
- Manuel Afonso, Lead Developer
- Tassio Knop, Developer
- Katherine Diemert, Lead Artist
- Katherine Elliott, Production Artist
- Yuliya Boublikova, Animator
- John Park, Technical Director
- Luke Lutman, Studio Tech Lead
- Danny Simmons, Sound Designer
- Aaron Leighton, Art Director
- Danielle Rainey, Release Coordinator
- Teena Saur, Head of Brand Strategy and Marketing
- Kavita Lahar, Marketing Coordinator
- Michelle Colistro, Senior Copywriter
- Melanie Kimmett, Senior Marketing Designer
- Tristan Sory, Graphic Designer