Three's A Charm: Our top crafts and activities for three year olds
Forget the ‘terrible twos’ – meet the ‘tricky threes’! As our little ones toddle their way into preschooler-hood, they leave the obsession with ‘no’ behind, and begin to develop their own unique tastes, faves and dislikes. While it’s a unique privilege to watch them blossom into little people, it does make coming up with activities they’ll like even trickier. We’ve put our heads together to come up with a master list of fun toys, crafts, apps and activities that even the pickiest, trickiest three-year-old will get into.
21. Play dress up
19. Head out on an impromptu scavenger hunt – ask your child to find anything from all the purple fruits in the grocery store, to all the red cars on your road trip!
18. Have an indoor dance-til’-you-drop party.
17. Collect leaves on your nature walk and create crayon rubbings of them in a special ‘explore journal’.
16. Explore textures and practice sensory skills by placing various objects in a paper bag and have your child guess what they are.
15. Take a to your neighbourhood cafe.
14. Work on a puzzle together.
13. Clean up your craft game with
12. Practice organization by packing a suitcase for a pretend-play trip.
11. Fill up the bathtub with water, throw in some fun water toys and create a splash-zone play area!
10. Create an on-the-go puppet show with the
9. Act out your favourite fairy tale – or better yet,
8. Learn all the dance moves to your kid’s favourite song (Baby Shark, anyone?)
7. (& then try it on unsuspecting family members.)
6. Take the subway or drive to a new area, and be a tourist in your own town.
5. Set up your very own
3. Check out the local library or community centre for free activities.
2. Find a petting zoo – or create your own with animal figurines and stuffed animals!
1. Snuggle up with some sweets and their favourite story – this one’s fun for both the 3-year-olds and the 30-ish-year-olds. :)
Looking for more fun activities?